COVID-19 UPDATE: While Governor Dewine is allowing dental offices statewide to open starting May 1st, as owner of Nichols Family Dentistry, I have strategically opted to reopen our doors on May 29th. Of course, for dental emergencies, we will continue to schedule patients.
Please accept this announcement as a token of our integrity and genuine desire to resume our regular schedule fully prepared and reconfigured to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are implementing changes in traffic flow, office equipment, and products to ensure the highest standard of safety and patient experience in our new reality of living with this novel Coronovirus. A tremendous amount of time and effort will continue in the next month, to integrate a social distancing regime that is specific to our dental practice. The way we greet and treat patients will now change to a more efficient pattern which adheres to the new social distancing standards. We have researched new products that will protect individual’s health.
At first glance, our office may appear different than before. We have installed Glass Splash Guards, Air filtration systems and High Speed Vacuum Suction equipment. Other strategic accommodations are in the process of being implemented and adapted to our office, to offer you an optimum patient experience.
Here is the protocol that we are implementing once our office reopens:
• We are scheduling our patient visits to maintain social distancing.
• Our team will be wearing kN-95 masks, face shields, head coverings, gowns and other appropriate PPE attire.
• Please call our office once you have parked your vehicle and a team member will inform you when the reception area is free for you to enter.
• Please enter the office with a mask on and come alone to your appointment. (There are exceptions for minors and for adults with care givers.)
• Upon entering the practice, all patients will use the hand sanitizing station to clean their hands.
• All patients will have their temperature taken using a forehead temperature reading and a thorough history of questions pertaining to your health status before you arrive and again upon arrival.
• Our reception area will no longer be a waiting area, but simply a pass through. (For the safety of our patients, magazines and toys have been removed.)
• At the end all appointments, each patient will wash their hands at the sink and then check out at front desk. We are working to accommodate everyone who needs to schedule or reschedule an appointment.
Please be patient with us. We are all in this together and we will get through this together! Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Jennie Nichols DDS MPH
Given all the uncertainties during this time, our team at Nichols Family Dentistry is adhering to the Ohio State Dental Board guidelines by only seeing emergency patients. We will continue to be open with reduced hours so as to best assist those in need. We are strictly following all mandates to best protect our patients, our families, and ourselves. We wish to thank you all for your patience through all of these changes. We truly appreciate each and every one of you. ♥️ 🦷